Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Your Life Is Not an ipod

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well today. I decided to do a little organizing on my ipod today. You see I like all sorts of different kinds of music. I have rock and roll, alternative, pop, country, Christian, Acappella and many other genres. Sometimes as I drive down the road I like to listen to everything but from time to time I like to be a little more specific. So today I made a playlist for all the "religious" music that I have this includes acappella type music as well as some contemporary Christian music.

As I was making my new playlists I began to think that sometimes we treat our life like an ipod. Just like on our ipods we have a place for everything sometimes in life we tend to make compartments for different things. We make compartments for God. In this compartment we go to church, participate in service activities and Bible classes. Then we have a compartment for the rest of our life where we do everything that is not associated with the God compartment.

As I was working on my ipod I was convicted that we need to stop treating our lives like ipods. Instead of trying to make a place for God in our life we need to make God our life. I don't have all the answers that is for sure. I was convicted today and I hope that I have given you something to think about. Thank you all for being a blessing to me I hope I am one to you.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: