Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Can I help You?

Good Morning Everyone,

"Can I help You?" Think about how many times a day this phrase is uttered. Whether you go to a restaurant, gas station or even the post office you hear this phrase several times a day. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I really told people what they could do to help me. Sometimes I feel like saying, "my yard needs cutting could you help me out with that", just to see what kind of a reaction I would get.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting lately about why I am here on this earth. Most of you know that about five months ago I became a parent for the very first time. I absolutely love being a Dad! I love playing with my little girl, I love watching her sleep and I love the fact she is discovering the world around her more and more everyday. Becoming a parent my mindset is constantly, "Can I Help You?", because my little girl can't do anything for herself and I guess that is what has brought me to where I am today and has prompted me to ask a question.

My question is this. If someone could do something nice for you what would that thing be? I ask this question because I think we have become so calloused by the world that we are afraid to even talk about what we can do for each other. In my own way I want to help change this mindset in the world. I am truly interested in the hopes and dreams of my friends and family but I don't know what all of these hopes and dreams are yet.

So today I am encouraging you to share what that nice thing is that someone can do for you. Leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail (pmcartwright82@gmail.com) and let me know what it is you would like for someone to do for you. I can't promise I can fulfill these desires but I would still like to hear what you are thinking about. My goal from this blog post is for people to seek out the needs of their friends and family and in some way try to help fulfill those dreams. Maybe it's a pipe dream ,but that's the good thing about a blog, you can put whatever you want to out there. Let's get some conversation started! I hope you are as blessed by me today as much as all of you bless me.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: