Friday, July 18, 2008

A lot on my mind

Hello Everyone,

As my title suggest I have got a whole lot on my mind. We had a great Brazos Valley Camp for our 3rd-6th graders. April and I have been settling into our new home and we have been blessed to have April's brother Justin helping us paint the last two weeks. I have spent the last week registering our two cars and I literally just finished the last little bit of paperwork associated with that. To top all of it off our secretary, preacher and my co-worker are all on the beautiful Island of Dominica the next two weeks being the hands and feet of Jesus. This leaves me all alone in the office for the next couple of weeks.

This last little bit of information brings me to the reason for this blog entry. I have been blessed with the opportunity to fill the pulpit for the next two Sundays during both services. I have this week worked out (I think) but I have yet to figure out what to do next week. I am not worried though because I have loyal readers who will always come through in the clutch.

My request of all of you is to think about what you would like to hear from the pulpit. Put yourself in my shoes of having two opportunities to preach God's word and think about what you would say or would like to hear. I can't promise that what you suggest is what I will preacher but I will give anything anyone has to say a lot of thought. Thank you all for always being willing to help me. I hope you are as blessed by me as I am by you.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

1 comment:

Laura Odom said...

How about...

Living a Joyful life
Contentment vs. Grumbling/Complaining
Finding time to serve one another in the fast-paced busy lives we lead
Encouraging One another...

Something with a thoughtful message and good call to action... does that about cover it? Ha!