Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sync/Swim

Good Morning Everyone,

When I was a child we had a swimming pool in the house we lived in. I loved to go out in the water with my family but I had not quite figured out swimming yet. One night I was playing on the step of the pool when I ventured too far out and began to drown. My sister Melissa pulled me out of the water and made sure I was alright.

I think back on that story every time I hear of a child drowning and I wonder why people who have swimming pools do not teach their children how to swim. I also reflect on that story every time I see a parent that does not attempt to understand their child. It is sad when a parent feels so out of touch with their child's' generation that they just give up but it happens all the time.

As a youth minister I feel that one of my responsibilities is equipping parents to relate to their teen. Thankfully there are a wealth of resources on which to draw from. Unfortunately many of these good resources are not faith based and you have to do quite a bit of editing before you can present it.

Our good friends at the Institute For Church and Family located at Harding University have been working on the problem. The solution is a two day conference entitled Sync/Swim. What is even better is that the Westside Church in Alvin has arranged to host the Sync/Swim conference at their building October 3-4 2008. For the low price of $5.00 a person you can gain some peace of mind and a foothold against Satan in the life of your teenager. If you would be interested in attending this wonderful conference send me an e-mail at pmcartwright82@gmail.com . I hope you are blessed today.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul Cartwright


No comments: