Friday, August 29, 2008

I Need a Little MORE Help From My Friends

Good Morning Friends,

I want to begin this morning by telling you ow much you all bless my life. I think about the blessings of my life far too little. My friends are some of the richest blessings in my life. I am blessed to be married to the best friend I have ever had, I have all of you who read this blog and I have friends all over the globe that keep up with me. This week alone I have been so blessed by the encouraging words I have received from people who read this blog.

Last Sunday night I preached a sermon on Joyful Living. This has been one of my favorite sermons I have ever preached. I have to thank my good Laura Odom for suggesting this topic. I am blessed to be able to preach once a month here in Pearland and to be the fill-in preacher when our minister has to be gone.

Laura suggested this topic to me after I requested some ideas from my friends. This brings me to the reason for this blog. I am preaching Sunday September 7th and I need a little help. I love to preach on relevant topics that people want to hear. This blog is a great outlet for me to express my thoughts and for you to tell me your thoughts. We'll do this the same we did it last time. You can leave me comments here, you can send me e-mail pmcartwright82@gmail.com, or if you have my number you can call me.

I will do my best to use any ideas any of you throw out. If I can't use them this time I will try to use them at a later date (remember I preach once a month) so let me hear what you think. I hope that I am as big of a blessing to all of you that you are to me.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul Cartwright

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Our preacher has done a couple of different sermon series that have been so thought-provoking lately. One was called "Identity" where he talked about our identity in God vs. the world. The one he's on right now is called "American Idols" and it's about the idols we have set up for ourselves (i.e. the idol of More, Success, etc.) I'm so glad you guys are doing so well :)