Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And The Word Became Flesh

Good Morning Everyone,

It has been a long time since my last blog post. Since I last posted we have had a hurricane, I have picked up pieces of what used to be my roof from my yard and seen people helping people in some amazing ways. I was also blessed to spend a few days in Searcy Arkansas for Haring University's 85th annual lectureship. Lectureship was as good as I have ever seen this year. We took our lessons out of the Gospel of John which is my favorite of the four gospels.

I heard so many great things last week that I could probably fill up the rest of this month with posts about it. Instead of doing that I will share with you what I felt like was the most important lesson I took away from the week. To share that lesson with you I will quote John 1:1-2 and John 1:14

John 1:1-2
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

John 1:14
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Basically we got a swift kick to the rear from the many presenters at lectureship. I am sorry to say that in our flesh we do not accomplish the same things Jesus accomplished in his flesh. Where Jesus was amongst the people calling them to him and meeting their needs we seem to be happy waiting for people to come to us. I have a new resolve to try to reach people where they are like Jesus did. I believe this to be a good goal but I also know I will need all the help I can get. I covet your prayers and welcome any ideas you may have. I'll try to blog more and I hope this blog has blessed you all as much as you all bless me.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: