Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Summer Blockbusters Vs. The Greatest Stories Ever Told

Hello Everyone,

I don't know about all of you but I am way excited about all of the movies coming out this summer. For those of you who may have just begun reading my blog you might not know that I am a HUGE movie fan. I could literally spend all day watching movies and not get bored. I love summer for a lot of reasons but right in the top three reasons on my list are movies in the summer time. Here is a sampling of the movies I hope to take in this summer.








1. Iron Man-I have never read an Iron Man comic book but the movie looks great and i am excited to go see it.













2. Indiana Jones-I grew up watching the original movies and I think that Harrison Ford has one more good one in him.











3.Batman:The Dark Knight-You would be hard pressed to find a man my age that didn't tie a towel around his neck and pretend he was the caped crusader at least once in his life. The first movie in this series left me wanting more and I think this next installment will deliver.



As much as I enjoy the big summer blockbusters I think sometimes we forget that some of the greatest stories ever told have never made it to the big screen. From where I sit you will never find a man physically stronger than Sampson. There will never be a better "wild man prophet" type than John the Baptist. No prison break scene can compare to the night Paul and Silas were set free. I could go on and on but you get the idea. I hope that there are people reading this that love to get caught up in a great blockbuster movie but more than that I hope everyone that reads this is constantly caught up in the word of God. We read in Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.


So as I come to a close I want to encourage you to enjoy getting caught up in a good story. Those of you with families I would suggest finding appropriate movies to view with your family. I also encourage you to set aside time to get lost in the Bible as a family. My hope is that we would never let Summer Blockbusters win out over the Greatest Stories Ever Told. These are my thoughts for today thank you for allowing me to share them with you I hope they were a blessing to you.


Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: