Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Iron Man

Good Evening Everyone,

Well I can see from my hit counter than a lot of you have been reading and that is so encouraging to me. I have managed to get one comment from one of my teenagers at Woodward Park and it was a good one.

This evening I would like to tell you about my hero. Me hero is my father Wayne Cartwright. Calling him father is so strange because to me he is so much more than that. The best word to sum up my Dad is just the Dad. In every since of the word he is one of the best Dads around. When I was growing up I never had to wonder if my Dad would be at my ballgames because a lot of the time he was not just sitting in the stands but helping coach. Any of you that know my Dad know that singing is not one of his talents. Even though he can't carry a tune in a bucket my Dad still made it to all of my choir concerts. There are countless hours we spent at the kitchen table learning math because I had to pass my tests and Dad was always there to help.

There are so many things I could tell you about my Dad but if I had to pick one quality to list above the rest it is the dedication he has for his family. I grow so tired of people who brag about the number of hours they put in at work or their success in the business world and have no clue about what is going on with their own kids. I consider my Dad to be a very successful businessman and I never once felt neglected because of his success.

For the teenagers reading this I would encourage you to get to know your parents better. I am constantly amazed that my parents keep getting smarter and smarter the older I get. The reality is they were that smart all along it just took me getting over myself to realize it. So I encourage you teenagers to learn from your parents.

For the parents reading this blog I would encourage you to get to know your kids better. They may say they do not like to be hugged and kissed but that is all for show. Your kids may tell you they want to be left alone and sometimes they mean it but more often than not they want your attention.

I like using this forum to issue challenges so I am going to issue one now. Hopefully by now you have thought about who your Iron Man or Iron Woman is in your life. My new challenge is for you to let them know and thank them for it. I hope you are blessed in reading this today.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: