Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Emma Turns One

Emma Turns One
Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday we reached a milestone in the life of our little girl Emma as she turned one. I can hardly believe that a year ago I hadn’t even met this wonderful and sweet little girl. I can’t believe how much my life has changed in this very short year. I love being a father and I love learning more and more about this sweet little girl we call Emma every day.

As I think back over Emma’s first year of life there are many moments that stand out but the one that I always come back to happened in Texas Children’s Hospital. Emma had a small heart condition that they had to take care of that required her to be sedated. After what seemed like an eternity the doctors finally allowed us to go back and see Emma in recovery. April and all the grandparents went back to see Emma but she just didn’t want to wake up which was completely normal. I finally got back to see my little girl and I started talking to her and that’s when she started to wake up, when she heard her Daddy talking to her, and in that moment I really started to understand that this little girl is my whole world. When no one else could get her to wake up and stir her Daddy’s voice brought her around. In that moment I thanked God for the responsibility that he had blessed me with and I hoped that I would never have to be in recovery with my little girl again.

The rest of the story is that Emma is now perfectly healthy and has even started walking in the past few days. This year has been an adventure and I look forward to many, manymore. I love you pumpkin and I hope that you will always listen to your Daddy’s voice.

Love,

Daddy


No comments: