Monday, March 7, 2011

Proverbs 6 and 7

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Let me apologize for not blogging yesterday. We were all busy around our house yesterday as well as at the Church building. I want to say big thanks for Jeremy Brown heading up a service project with our teenage boys yesterday to do some yard work for a widow. This is the first project in a new ministry that Jeremy and several others will be undertaking here in Pearland. I was blessed to just be a part of it yesterday. Since I didn't blog yesterday you get two chapters today.

Proverbs 6

Proverbs 6:6-8
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!
7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,
8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.

Self motivation is one of those things I have trouble with. I know I need to do things but I just have trouble getting any motivation to get started. If you are like me sometimes seeing a good example of a self motivator helps me to get motivated and get the job done. The next time you need a good example give Proverbs a try.

Proverbs 6:16-19
6 There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Sometimes a passage of scripture just sticks with you and this is one of those. Thinking of the LORD hating something holds a place in my soul. To think that the creator of the universe hates something makes me realize that I need to have nothing to do with it. I would beg you to , along with me, search your heart and soul and make sure that you are not participating in any of these things.

Proverbs 7

Proverbs 7:4-5
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
and to insight, “You are my relative.”
5 They will keep you from the adulterous woman,
from the wayward woman with her seductive words.

When I was still very young, an infant, I had not begun walking yet. I could pull up to a standing position and I was very stable but I had no interest in walking. My sister made it her mission that I was going to learn how to walk. Melissa sat me at one of the room and positioned herself with a Dr. Pepper at the other end. I would begin to crawl over to Melissa and she would back up and this process went on for awhile. Finally I pulled myself up and walked over to my sister for a drink of Dr. Pepper.

Two things became entrenched in my mind that day. I love Dr. Pepper and I still would walk across the room just to get one. The second and more important thing I learned was that I have a sister who cares about me and wants the best for me. I can honestly say that my sister is wise but I am not sure I have made wisdom my sister yet. I hope that in the future I will be able to add a new member to family and that her name will be wisdom. I hope you enjoyed these two chapters today and I hope your journey is going well.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: