Monday, August 13, 2007

Back to School

Good Morning Everyone,

It is hard to believe that just a little over 3 months ago April and I were rolling into Fresno to begin our new life with the Woodward Park Church of Christ but one church camp, a bunch of devos and one VBS later here we are. I can't believe it is almost time for all of our teenagers to head back to school. It makes me sad that no longer will I have a chance of running into teens out and about during the day anymore and that I will no longer have a Lunch Bunch to hang out with on Thursdays.

This morning I want to ask all of my adult readers to make a commitment to pray for our teenagers everyday as they go to school. Yesterday in our Bible class we discussed the implications of returning to a worldly school and I could see the fear in the eyes of the teenagers. Our teenagers want to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord but it is hard when they are bombarded with Satan's lies all day at school.

I hope that everyone reading this is doing well today. I was privileged to preach twice yesterday and I am glad to say that Jim will be back in the pulpit this week. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: