Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Let's put our heads together

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have to once again apologize for not blogging as often as I should but things have been very busy around here lately. This morning I spent most of my time trying to answer a question asked to me by a good friend. I will spare you the details of the question but I will say that I could not have give an answer had it not been for the collaboration of those around me. I had the council of my lovely wife April, two youth ministers whom I love and respect and your favorite preacher and mine Jim Gardner.

All of this collaboration made me begin thinking about the church. You read all the time about these institutions call "Think Tanks" well I believe the church as a whole makes up one of the biggest "Think Tanks" ever devised. I am constantly reminded of the fact that God really knew what he was doing when he instituted the church. God knew we would be called upon to answer questions from the world as a whole and that by drawing on the strength of those within the church we could come up with these answers.

Today I want to challenge us to not be afraid to ask one another questions and to not be afraid to put our heads together and learn from one another. Let's open our Bibles and study with one another and answer the questions of this world. If you have a question and you think no one wants to work on it with you e-mail me paul@wpcoc.com and let's talk about it.

Sunday morning the teenagers began a study of the book of Hebrews. I set the stage by presenting all the mysteries of the book of Hebrews and how that sometimes reading a mystery can help you solve some mysteries of your own. I want to leave you with the words of the Hebrew writer as we consider putting our heads together. I hope you are blessed today.

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: