Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rain, Rain Come and Stay!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

I love the rain!!! When I was hired to come to California I was told I better get used to not seeing much rain and in the beginning this was not a problem. But after being here four months and not seeing as much as a sprinkle I have to say I was having some major rain withdrawls. That all changed this morning. April woke me up before my alarm went off and told me it was raining which prompted me to spring out of bed and look out our window to see this glorious vision.

With this rain this morning came thoughts of the days when nobody on Earth knew what rain was. In the days of Noah rain was unheard of but God saw the wickedness of the people on Earth so he sent rain to flood the Earth. I cannot remember a time in my life when I did not know what rain was, in fact my time in California is the longest I can ever remember not seeing rain. As I think about the rain I remember the first time my oldest niece Madison felt the rain becuase I was the one holding her. It was a Sunday morning and we were leaving for worship and it began to sprinkle and hit Madison. I remember watching the wonder in her eyes as she began to know what rain felt like.

We live in a world where people take so much for granted and I belive the blessings of seasons and weather to be right on top of the list. I love the rain because I like walking in it and listening to it beat on the window but more than that I love the rain because it is a blessing from God falling down to us. This morning I want you to think about the everday things we all take for granted and take time to thank God for them. I hope you are all blessed today.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: