Monday, October 22, 2007

Never Underestimate a Teenager

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I know I usually try to post first thing on Monday morning but when I tell you why I am a little late today I think you will be very understanding. It all started in the office last week. I was given a website to look at by our minister Jim Gardner. The address took me to the website of a young man that is quickly becoming one of my heroes Jerrod Shelton. Jerrod is a remarkable young man who seems to be the kind of guy you just have to like. Jerrod had a brain tumor removed last week and is awaiting test results to find out if it is cancerous or not.

You are probably asking yourself what all of this web surfing from last week has to do with my late blog entry...well here it is. Yesterday in Bible class I had the teenagers write cards, record personal messages with the help of Steve Knutsen, and I took pictures of all the kids while they were working on their cards. To say that the teenagers liked the idea of reaching out to Jerrod would be the understatement of the century they LOVED IT! They loved the idea of reaching out to Jerrod so much that they are working on a way to fly him out to Fresno once he recovers.

So I say all that to say that I spent my morning writing my own letter to Jerrod, packaging the teens cards and the DVD Steve made for him. I even managed to put together a little presentation of my own for Jerrod which I have put into my blog. Give a lot of credit to our teens and thank them for their hearts. I hope you are blessed today.

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: