Monday, July 2, 2007

The First of Many

Hello Everyone,

As my title suggests this is the first of what I hope to be many blogs that chronicle my thoughts and adventures as a youth minister in sunny California. I have a blog on myspace but I thought that this might be more easily accessed.
Today is my first day back from Yosemite Bible Camp and I have to say while I am glad to be in a little more comfortable setting I do miss the camp experience. I miss the stories Harlan Flint told up over coffee every morning, I miss listening to the high school boys talking about life and more than anything I miss being around all the teenagers who are so very hungry for the word of God. While at camp in less than 24 hours I had five Bible studies two of which resulted in teenagers giving their lives to Christ. I can say that it had nothing to do with my presentation but everything to do with the God we serve.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the parents of the teenagers who sent their children to camp. Your teens were a great refelection of the raising they are receiving.
We have a big month ahead of us at Woodward Park but I beleive we are all up to the challenge. Press on and Give God all the Glory!!!!

Be Strong and Courageous,
Paul

No comments: